Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pink & Blue

Tuesday's color in the Summer Colours Week Flickr Group was pink. My daughter and I saw these flowers on our nature walk last week:


And over the weekend, we saw these down near the Bay:


I think those are some sort of beach rose, but botany was never my strong point.

Today's color is blue, but these photos are from last summer. First, a view of the scoreboard at a Red Sox game at Fenway Park during the ritual singing of "Sweet Caroline," because around here, summer and the Sox go hand-in-hand.


And then there's this one.


Blue indeed. I love that my summer includes views like this as part of the routine.

One more under blue--an action shot of my daughter wearing her newest blue skirt, last seen here as a mere folded rectangle of fabric:

I'm telling you, she doesn't stay still.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Beautiful pictures...love the mountain laurel in the first one! G looks adorable in her skirt, nice job, Mom!

Bells said...

pink and blue! Such a lovely combination!

Donna Lee said...

Pink is my favorite. G is ready for an adventure. She's got her wagon and her flashlight.

Jill said...

I think the second is rosa rugosa, which is often just called beach rose because it can stand the salt, sand and wind. They make these awesomely huge rosehips, later.