Friday, July 1, 2011

Red

I skipped rainbow day (Thursday) at the Summer Colours Week Flickr Group, but while we were at the beach yesterday, I found some red for today.

This isn't quite the shot I had in mind, but people will get in the way.

My daughter happened to be dressed in red at the beach, too.


Not surprisingly, I've made about zero progress on any sewing or craft projects lately. Actually, after the first full week of summer vacation, I've made negative progress, because I pulled out the knitting project I'd been working on. You know how sometimes you're not really committed to a project? I thought maybe I could go up a needle size, I wasn't sure how much I was loving it, so when I dropped some stitches picking out a messed-up cable round, I turned it all into string and called it a day. I have no idea what I want to knit, though.

As for no-time-for-projects, I'm okay with that. I'm sure we'll even out a bit as summer goes on, but on the other hand, the kids have a scant 9-and-a-bit weeks of summer vacation. That's really, really not long at all. There is so much we want to do together, and not much time, and yes, I do feel like school is a huge intrusion on our lives, and my patience for it gave out somewhere around April vacation. Nine weeks! Ridiculous. So, no creative spaces post this week, but maybe next week. You never know.

1 comment:

Bells said...

oh red at the beach! That's just picture perfect. LOVE!