Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Packages

It's a good thing I didn't leave too much to this last week, since the treatment for Lyme appears to be, at least at the beginning, worse than the disease itself. I'm doing small things in small blocks and I keep falling asleep. This is very frustrating! One of the tasks I've left to do is the wrapping, so last night I wrapped the teacher gifts, which are the first to be delivered.

The lighting is so poor! And I'm too tired to arrange them nicely out on the deck with some natural grey light, instead of the indoor grey light. But those are my brown paper packages stamped with trees, and some have pine cone tags. Inside, of course, are notebooks (and coffee cards), and the larger ones are mitts.

And recently, I received a package of my own in the mail from Lamina at Do A Bit. I was the lucky recipient of one of the items she gave away for her 100th post, this screen-printed tea towel:

She has a much better photo of it on her blog, because she lives in Australia and they have all the natural light this time of year! (And plus, I didn't iron it before I took a picture of it. Blame the Lyme for my laziness!) I began to follow her blog thanks to Our Creative Spaces, so not only have I found inspiration and some new blogs, but I've a lovely new tea towel, too. If you haven't visited her blog, go do! She shows lots of screen printing and stamping and loads of other fun creative stuff.

4 comments:

MadMad said...

What?! Lyme! Oh, honey! How did I miss hearing that? I'm so sorry (and so glad you caught it!) I do hear it makes you feel very, very tired for awhile. Hope you're on the mend soon/

Donna Lee said...

I wonder if I should go and have a blood test. I've been so tired and my hands (and other joints) have been especially achy. I've been blaming it on the weather but we are also in the Lyme area.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

Bells said...

being sick this time of year is such an awful burden! Sounds like you're taking it in small steps though.

LOVE the tea towel! Gorgeous.

lamina @ do a bit said...

Hope the cure make you feel better soon :)

So glad your happy with the tea towel :) Not much natural light going on here lately as it has been cloudy and rainy... ha ha ha I'm hoping that will change soon :)

Take care of your self and hope you guys have a wondeful holiday season :)