Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Super G Cape

My first made thing of 2012:

When she saw her cousin's superhero cape, my daughter naturally asked for one. And really, I've been remiss in not making her one sooner, since she's been wearing one or the other of her brothers' initials on her back for a while now. First she said blue, but when it came right down to it, she wanted a red one, too. So one day last week while her brothers were at a movie with dad, she and I went to buy some more red fabric. She picked out the fat quarters for the shield and her initial, too. Monday afternoon, I sewed. It was all done but the Velcro at the neck closure, which I sewed on by hand Monday night while she was in bed. When it was done, I hung it on her doorknob. She came into my room Tuesday morning holding it.

"My cape! Thank you for hanging it on my door handle." Then she asked me to put it on her.

Of course, when a super hero is wearing a cape, she needs to run.


And run.


Although if you ask nicely, she will stop for a second.


It might look like a cape, but what I really make is smiles. :)

8 comments:

Donna Lee said...

That is one happy little superhero. As for what comes next, that's an interesting thing to ponder. I remember going out and looking for a job and finding out that an English degree opened some doors and firmly closed others. It was interesting and I ended up where I am by a roundabout way.

As for who did my job at home? Me, of course. I graduated to two full time jobs. I don't know where the energy came from, I get exhausted just thinking about it but you do what you have to.

Jill said...

I was looking at this with Sylvie earlier; she loves the picture of G racing around the corner of the table. She's right, that's a great action shot. And she wants to know, where are the pictures of N and G as babies? Well? On the other thing, yes. Making things up. No, nothing definite. But with M, it will all be slushy till the last minute, when it will be imminent and I will be pulling a rabbit out of my hat. AGAIN??? xox

Sally said...

Great cape. Awesome smile.

lamina @ do a bit said...

Awwww she looks so happy!!! great cape and a very lucky girl :)

amy said...

Thanks! So much fun to make, too. :)

Rose Red said...

The smiles are the best rewards for the hard work.

I was reading the post and Connor saw the smiling photo of G and blew her a kiss! Heh heh.

Emma (GirlAnachronismE) said...

A great cape, and G looks adorable!

Bells said...

precious. The speed at which she's running is just amazing - must be the special powers in the cape!