Friday, February 1, 2013

Some Links For You

'Tis almost heart season
Things have been a bit sludgy around here, so in lieu of showing anything I've been doing (with the exception of those Valentines-in-progress over there), I'm sharing some links.

I love love love National Poetry Month, and the form is now up to request this year's poster. It is absolutely gorgeous, too, and includes a line from Letters to a Young Poet. The Poets.org site is always worth a browse. So much good stuff there. So much poetry. Ahhhh.

I'm been teaching a class to 5-8-year-olds on animal classification, and I've been sharing my plans on my other blog. Mammals and Fish are in one post here, and Birds will be up sometime this weekend (hopefully). We covered birds today, and it went really well.

Karen has posted several new mail art swaps recently. You can see them all at the Mail Me Some Art blog. I am going to aim for participating in the yellow postcard swap, but I have to paint some heart rocks before I do anything else, because I was informed a while ago (by the 4yo) that painted heart rocks were expected on Valentine's Day, so.

Lastly, here are a couple of cute Valentine's projects from last year: the patterned paper bag heart banner my kids and I made, and the lickety-split heart napkins (using freezer paper stencils on cloth napkins) that brightened their lunchbox lunches.

3 comments:

Karen Isaacson said...

woo hoo! bring on the yellow postcards!

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your salamanderdreams.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

big mamabird said...

Hi there Amy! I just git your little girl in blue postcard today!! horray..she had a bit of an adventure and carries the scuff and marks with pride...and I love her! so thanks for a cheerful p o box moment on another snowy vermont day...Carroll